The Singlestat Panel reduces a data series into a single number and displays it with spark lines, as a gauge, or as a simple number. You can configure a singlestat panel to dynamically change its color based on the value of the number, and also define value-to-text mappings so that a custom label is displayed if the number reaches a specific value or range.
Creating a Singlestat Panel
Click the Add panel button at the top of the dashboard.
From the list of available panels, select Singlestat.
The singlestat panel will be added to your dashboard.https://g.lagoon.soracom.io
Editing Panel Settings
To edit the singlestat panel settings, click the Panel Title, then select Edit.
The General tab lets you configure basic panel settings. Refer to the Lagoon Panels: General documentation for more information.
The Metrics tab lets you configure the data series source. Refer to the Lagoon Panels: Metrics documentation for more information.
The Options tab lets you configure the value and display formatting of the singlestat.
- Stat - The method for calculating the displayed value from the data series.
- Prefix - A custom text label to display before the stat.
- Postfix - A custom text label to display after the stat.
- Unit - A unit to display with the stat.
- Decimals - The number of decimal places to show.
- Background - When enabled, the color threshold settings will be applied to the panel background.
- Value - When enabled, the color threshold settings will be applied to the value.
- Thresholds - Two numbers separated by a comma which define thresholds between low, medium, and high value ranges:
- When the stat value is below the first number, the first color will be applied.
- When the stat value is between the first and second number, the second color will be applied.
- When the stat value is above the second number, the third color will be applied.
- Colors - The colors to apply to the stat panel.
- Show - When enabled, the data series will be rendered as a spark line in the panel, behind the value.
- Full Height - When enabled, the spark lines will cover the full height of the panel.
- Line Color - The color to use for the spark line.
- Fill Color - The color to use for the area below the spark line.
- Show - When enabled, the panel will be rendered as a gauge.
- Min - The value to use as the beginning of the gauge range.
- Max - The value to use as the end of the gauge range.
- Threshold labels - Show or hide the threshold values, including the gauge min and max range values.
- Threshold markers - Show or hide the threshold colors.
The Value Mappings tab lets you create custom text labels that correspond to specific values or value ranges. When using value mappings, the stat number will be replaced with specified text label.
Type - The value mapping mode.
value to text- Map a single value to a text label.
range to text- Map a range of values to a text label.
Set value mappings - The values or ranges and their corresponding text label.
The Time Range tab lets you adjust the range of data to use. Refer to the Lagoon Panels: Time Range documentation for more information.
More information about the singlestat panel can be found in the Grafana: Singlestat Panel documentation.