Getting to Know the Soracom User Console
Soracom provides an easy-to-use User Console for managing Soracom Air SIMs with a web browser. At the top of the User Console is a menu bar containing primary functions:
The top menu buttons allow you to navigate between different parts of the User Console.
1 Menu - Show/Hide the navigation menu
- Orders - Purchase Soracom-compatible devices and manage order history
- SORACOM Air for Cellular
- SIM Management - List Air SIMs and perform SIM management functions
- Groups - List Air SIM groups and configure group options
- Watch - Configure Air SIM monitoring options
- VPG - List Virtual Private Gateways and configure VPG options
- SORACOM Air for Sigfox
- Sigfox Devices - List Sigfox devices and perform Sigfox device management functions
- Sigfox Device Groups - List Sigfox groups and configure group options
- SORACOM Inventory
- Device Management - List Soracom Inventory devices and perform device management functions
- Device Groups - List Soracom Inventory groups and configure group options
- Object Models - List Soracom Inventory models and configure object model options
- Data storage & visualization
- SORACOM Harvest Data - View Harvest data
- SORACOM Harvest Files - View Harvest files
- SORACOM Lagoon - Launch Soracom Lagoon dashboard
- Error Logs - View Air, Beam, Funnel, Funk, and Harvest error logs
- Audit Logs - View Napter connection logs
The following sections are currently only available in the Japan coverage region:
- SORACOM Air for LoRaWAN™
- LoRa Devices - List LoRa devices and perform LoRa device management functions
- LoRa Groups - List LoRa groups and configure group options
- LoRa Gateways - List LoRa gateways and perform gateway management functions
- LoRa Network Sets - List LoRa network sets and configure network set options
- LTE-M Button powered by AWS
- Buttons - List Soracom LTE-M Button devices and perform button management functions
2 Global - Switch between coverage types
Clicking the Coverage Type selector allows you to switch between different coverage regions. For more information regarding coverage types, refer to the SIM Types documentation.
3 Support - Show/hide the support menu
- Getting Started - Opens Soracom's developer guides
- Documentation - Opens Soracom's developer documentation
- FAQ - Opens the Soracom Support Center knowledgebase
- Contact us - Opens the Soracom Support Center
- Status Dashboard - Opens Soracom's system status dashboard
- Terminate account - Initiates a request to permanently delete your Soracom account
4 (your email) - Show/hide the account menu
- Operator ID - Your Soracom Operator ID
- Dashboard - Displays device usage overview
- Security - Opens the Security screen for managing users, credentials, etc.
- Language settings - Change the User Console display language
- Change email - Change the email address associated with your Soracom account
- Company info - Displays your registered company information
- Billing - Manage payment methods and list current and previous billing history
- Payment settings - Opens the Payment settings screen for managing payment methods
- Manage coupons - Register a coupon to your account
- Logout - Securely log out of the User Console
The following settings are only available in the Japan coverage region:
- Long Term Discounts - Request, list, and manage usage discounts
The SIM Management screen is where most SIM management functions are found. When you log in to the User Console, this screen is shown by default.
- 1 Register SIM - Display the SIM registration dialog for manual registration. For further information on registering Air SIM cards, refer to the Registration page.
- 2 Details - Show the details of a selected SIM. To show additional details for a SIM, first click the next to a SIM, then click the Details button.
- 3 Actions - Show actions for the selected SIM(s).
- Activate or Deactivate - Sets the SIM Status to Active or Inactive for the selected SIM(s)
- Delete session - Deletes an existing cellular connection session
- Change group - Adds, changes, or removes the selected SIM(s) from a group
- Change speed class - Changes the speed class for the selected SIM(s)
- Change expiry - Adds, changes, or removes the SIM expiration function for the selected SIM(s)
- Enable IMEI lock or Unset IMEI lock - Adds, changes, or removes IMEI lock for the selected SIM(s)
- Check logs - Shows the Beam and Funnel logs for the selected SIM(s)
- Harvest data - Shows the Harvest data for the selected SIM(s)
- Send SMS - Shows the Send SMS dialog for the selected SIM
- Change termination protection - Sets or removes termination protection for the selected SIM(s)
- Set to Standby - Sets the SIM Status to Standby for the selected SIM(s)
- Suspend - Sets the SIM Status to Suspended for the selected SIM(s)
- Terminate - Terminates the selected SIM(s)
- Transfer to another operator or Cancel transfer - Initiates or cancels a SIM transfer request
- 4 Search Filter - Show search options. For further information on search filters, refer to the Searching page.
- 5 Customize List View - Allows you to customize which columns are visible in the list.
Below the action buttons and search area, a list of SIMs will be displayed. You can use the button to customize which columns are visible in the list.
For your convenience, you can perform the following common tasks directly within the list:
Change an Air SIM's Name
- Hover your mouse over the Name column for a particular SIM.
- A icon will appear. Click the icon.
- Press Enter to save the changes.
Change an Air SIM's Speed Class
- Find the Speed class column for a particular SIM.
- Click the dropdown menu, then select the new speed class for the SIM.
Change an Air SIM's Expiration
- Hover your mouse over the Expiry Date / Time column for a particular SIM.
- A icon will appear. Click the icon.
- A dialog will appear, allowing you to add, change, or remove expiration settings for the selected SIM.
For more information about the Expiry function, please refer to the Expiration page.
Edit Group Settings
- Find the Group column for a particular SIM that belongs to a group.
- Click the name of the group to open its settings page.
Searching for SIMs
In addition to performing SIM management tasks, Soracom provides several methods to quickly locate a SIM (subscriber), simplifying the management of a large number of SIMs.
When searching using the User Console, API, or CLI, please be aware of the following limitations:
- Search terms must contain at least two characters.
- Search terms are not case sensitive.
- Search results will include partial matches as well as exact matches.
- For multi-value tags, the search API will search all the values and return results of any match.
Login to the User Console. From the Menu, open the SIM Management screen.
- Enter a search term into the search box, then press Enter or click the button.
Searching By Attributes
By default, the search will match any of the SIM attributes below. To limit your search to a specific attribute, click the button next to the search box, and select the attribute you want to search.
- Any - Matches any of the fields below
- Name - The name of SIM
- Group - The name of the group that the SIM belongs to (if any)
- IMSI - The IMSI of SIM
- ICCID - The ICCID of SIM
- MSISDN - The MSISDN of SIM
- Tag - The value of any tags assigned to the SIM
- Online only - Matches SIMs that are currently connected
- Offline only - Matches SIMs that are not currently connected
Filtering By Status
You can further filter the list according to SIM Status. Click the in the Status column, then change the next to each status to show or hide SIMs with the corresponding status as needed.
Groups allows you to easily manage options for multiple SIMs. Groups can be used to simply group SIMs together for ease of management, or can be used to configure additional Soracom services (such as Beam, Funnel, or Harvest).
The Groups screen allows you to create and modify groups in your account.
- To add a new group, click the Add button.
- To add or remove a SIM from a group, refer to SIM Management Common Actions Change group.
- To edit a group, click the group Name in the list of groups.
- To delete a group, click the group Name in the list of groups to open its settings page. Then from the Advanced settings tab, click the Delete this group panel.
For additional information on Groups usage, please refer to the Groups documentation.
The Watch screen allows you to configure basic monitoring policies to send an email notification or change speed classes based on data usage rules.
Watch settings can be configured globally and will apply to all SIMs in your account, or can be configured for a particular group and apply to all SIMs within the group, or to each individual SIM.
Global Watch settings are configured in the Watch screen:
- Login to the User Console. From the Menu, open the Watch screen.
- Enter the Watch settings, then click Apply.
Group Watch settings are configured in the Group Settings page:
- Login to the User Console. From the Menu, open the Groups screen.
- Click the name of a group to open its Settings page.
- On the settings page, click the Watch panel to show Watch settings.
- Enter the Watch settings for the group, then click Apply.
Individual Watch settings can be configured from the SIM Details dialog:
- Login to the User Console. From the Menu, open the SIM Management screen.
- From the list of subscribers, click the for the SIM card you want to manage, then click the Details button.
- In the Details dialog, click the Watch tab.
- Enter the Watch settings for the SIM, then click Apply.
For advanced monitoring, please refer to the Event Handler functionality.
The VPG screen allows you to add, remove, and configure Virtual Private Gateways. For additional information on VPG features and configuration options, refer to the VPG documentation.
- To add a new VPG, click the Create VPG button.
- To attach a group to a VPG, please refer to the Groups documentation.
- To edit a VPG, click the VPG Name in the list of VPGs.
- To delete a VPG, click the VPG Name in the list of VPGs to open its settings page. Then from the Advanced settings tab, click the Terminate panel.
The Orders screen allows you to purchase devices and SIMs directly from Soracom, and manage your order history.
- To place a new order, click the New Order button.
- To cancel an order that has not shipped, click the Cancel button.
- To register all SIMs within an order, click the Register button.
When purchasing from the User Console, there is a limit on the number of items that can be purchased at a time. If you would like to purchase more than the limit, please create multiple orders or contact our sales team.
When purchasing Air SIMs directly from the User Console, you can register all SIMs within each order directly from the Orders screen. For additional information, refer to the Air SIM Registration documentation.
Select Air SIMs are also available at Amazon. In some cases, purchasing from Amazon may be cheaper even with shipping included.
The Billing screen allows you to view and download billing details and statements, and manage your payment method.
- 1 Bills - The latest balance on your account, as well as previous billing history.
- 2 Invoices - Allows you to download invoices for monthly charges as well as individual device orders.
- 3 Payment Statements - Allows you to download payment statements (proof of payment).
- 4 Payment Method - Allows you to manage your payment method.
The Security screen allows you to manage users and roles, credential sets, password, and multi-factor authentication settings.
- 1 Users - Add, edit, or remove Soracom Access Management (SAM) users.
- 2 Roles - Add, edit, or remove roles that can be applied to SAM users.
- 3 Credentials - Add or remove credential sets for use with various authentication providers (AWS, Azure, X.509, etc.).
- 4 Password - Update your Soracom account password.
- 5 Multi-factor Authentication - Enable or disable MFA for your Soracom account.
- 6 Default SAM Permission Configuration - Set default permissions applied to all SAM users.
When logging in as a SAM user, the Multi-factor Authentication option will apply only for the logged-in SAM user, and the Default SAM Permission Configuration option will not be shown.