Pricing & Fee Schedule
All amounts are in USD $ or JPY ¥ and do not include taxes.
Pricing Updates (effective 2020-07-14)
- Soracom Air for Cellular: Subscription Container pricing added.
- Soracom Orbit pricing added.
- Virtual Private Gateway: Type-E and Type-F pricing added.
- Soracom Peek pricing added.
Soracom Air for Cellular
Air for Cellular fees apply as follows:
- Basic Fee - Applies to all SIMs in your account.
- Data Usage - Applies to pooled data traffic in your account.
- Messaging - Applies to each message or request sent to/from a SIM in your account.
- Options - Applies to all SIMs within a group where the option is enabled.
- Subscription Containers - Applies to any subscriptions added to a plan01s SIM.
|plan01s||plan01s - Low Data Volume||plan-NA1|
|Coverage||United States & Canada|
|Basic Fee||Ready||— *1|
|Standby||— *1, 4|
|Data Usage||s1.minimum||$0.50/MB *5||
|Options *6||Custom DNS||$0.03/SIM/day|
|Subscription Containers||Delivery 7||$3.00/subscription|
|Basic Fee *8||$1.80/subscription/mo|
|Messaging *9||Same as plan01s|
|Options *10||Same as plan01s|
*1 - A $1.80 annual renewal fee applies if a plan01s or plan01s - Low Data Volume SIM remains in Ready, Standby, or Suspended status for 1 or more years. A $1.80 annual renewal fee applies if a plan-NA1 SIM remains in Ready status for 1 or more years.
*2 - Volume discounts are available for plan01s SIMs. Refer to the Basic Fee Volume Discount and Data Usage Volume Discount information below.
*3 - The monthly fee for plan-NA1 SIMs cover the Basic Fee and include a set amount of data. If a SIM uses up its included monthly data allowance, any additional data usage is billed according to the plan's data usage rate. Coverage for plan-NA1 SIMs is only available in United States and Canada. Refer to the Supported Carriers documentation for more information.
*4 - A $1.80 fee applies when changing a plan01s or plan01s - Low Data Volume SIM from Standby/Suspended to Active/Inactive.
*5 - Coverage for plan01s - Low Data Volume is not available in all countries. Refer to the Supported Carriers documentation for more information.
*6 - Option fees do not apply when a group is attached to a customer VPG.
*7 - A one-time subscription container delivery fee applies when adding a planP1, planX1, or planX2 subscription to a plan01s SIM.
*8 - The monthly subscription container Basic Fee applies even if the plan01s subscription status is set to Standby or Suspended.
*9 - USSD service is not available for planP1, planX1, or planX2 subscriptions. Additionally, planP1 subscriptions only support MT-SMS at this time.
*10 - Option fees apply only once per SIM, regardless of the number of subscription containers added to the SIM.
Basic Fee Volume Discount
If you have more than 100 Active or Inactive plan01s SIMs in your account, a basic fee volume discount automatically applies to the SIM card daily basic fees.
|First 100 Active or Inactive SIMs||$0.06/day|
|Additional Active or Inactive SIMs above 100||$0.05/day|
Basic fee volume discounts are applied progressively, so that the basic fee for the first 100 Active or Inactive SIMs in your account will be calculated at $0.06/day (per SIM), and any additional Active or Inactive SIMs will be calculated at $0.05/day.
SIMs that are in the Ready, Standby, Suspended, or Terminated status do not count towards the basic fee volume discount.
For example, if you have 300 SIMs in your account, with 250 Active or Inactive, and the remaining 50 in Ready, Standby, Suspended, or Terminated, the basic fee will be calculated as:
- 100 Active/Inactive SIMs @ $0.06/day = $6.00/day
- 150 Active/Inactive SIMs @ $0.05/day = $7.50/day
- Total basic fee for 250 Active/Inactive SIMs: $13.50/day
The basic fee volume discount applies to all SIMs in your account, regardless of which country they are used in.
The basic fee volume discount does not apply to plan01s - Low Data Volume or plan-NA1.
Data Usage Volume Discount
When using plan01s SIMs in the United States and Canada, a data usage volume discount automatically applies to the total combined data usage across all devices for each billing period.
|Tier 1||First 250 MB||$0.073/MB|
|Tier 2||250 MB – 500 MB||$0.057/MB|
|Tier 3||500 MB – 1,000 MB||$0.053/MB|
|Tier 4||Above 1,000 MB||$0.047/MB|
Data usage volume discounts are applied progressively, so that the first 250 MB of data is billed at the Tier 1 rate, the next 250 MB (from 250 MB to 500 MB) is billed at the Tier 2 rate, the following 500 MB (from 500 MB to 1,000 MB) is billed at the Tier 3 rate, and any data usage above 1,000 MB is billed at the Tier 4 rate.
For example, if your devices consume a total of 2,000 MB in the United States within a billing period, the data usage fee will be calculated as:
- Tier 1: 250 MB @ $0.073/MB = $18.25
- Tier 2: 250 MB @ $0.057/MB = $14.25
- Tier 3: 500 MB @ $0.053/MB = $26.50
- Tier 4: 1,000 MB @ $0.047/MB = $47.00
- Total charge for 2,000 MB = $106.00
If you have devices in both the United States and Canada, the volume discount will apply to each country, separately. In other words, a volume discount will be calculated according to the total combined data usage in the United States, and a separate volume discount will be calculated accordingly for Canada.
The total combined data usage will follow the same billing unit rounding above.
The data usage volume discount does not apply to plan01s - Low Data Volume or plan-NA1.
|plan-D (Data/SMS)||plan-D (Data-only)||plan-K||plan-KM1||plan-DU|
|Basic Fee||Ready||¥10/day||¥5/day||¥5/day||— *1||¥500/mo *6|
|Standby||— *1, 2|
|Suspended||¥10/day *3||¥5/day *3||¥5/day *3||Same as Active/Inactive|
|Data Usage||s1.minimum||UL ¥0.2/MB / DL ¥0.6/MB; UL ¥0.2/MB / DL ¥0.2/MB *4|
|s1.slow||UL ¥0.22/MB / DL ¥0.7/MB; UL ¥0.2/MB / DL ¥0.2/MB|
|s1.standard||UL ¥0.24/MB / DL ¥0.8/MB; UL ¥0.2/MB / DL ¥0.2/MB|
|s1.fast||UL ¥0.3/MB / DL ¥1/MB; UL ¥0.2/MB / DL ¥0.2/MB|
|t1.standard||UL ¥0.5/KB / DL ¥0.5/KB|
|u1.slow||Included in Basic Fee *7|
|Options *5||Custom DNS||¥3/SIM/day|
*1 - A ¥200 yearly fee applies when a plan-KM1 SIM remains in Ready or Standby status for more than 1 year.
*2 - A ¥200 fee applies when changing a plan-KM1 SIM from Standby to Active/Inactive.
*3 - A ¥300 fee applies when changing a plan-D or plan-K SIM from Active/Inactive to Suspended.
*4 - indicates daytime rates (6AM to 2AM JST the following day); indicates nighttime rates (2AM to 6AM JST).
*5 - Option fees do not apply when a group is attached to a customer VPG.
*6 - When registering a plan-DU SIM to your account, its initial SIM status will be "Ready". The first two (2) months of "Ready" status fees are free. After that, a ¥500/mo fee applies as long as the SIM continues to be in "Ready" status.
*7 - plan-DU 10GB and plan-DU 50GB bundles include ¥300/mo of application credit, which can be used towards Soracom services such as Soracom Beam and Soracom Napter. plan-DU 10GB includes 10GB upload and 1GB download per month. plan-DU 50GB includes 50GB upload and 2GB download per month. If upload or download traffic exceeds the included amounts, additional traffic is charged at ¥1,000 per 10GB upload or 1GB download.
Soracom Air for Sigfox
Air for Sigfox fees apply as follows:
- Registration - Applies when registering devices that were not purchased from Soracom.
- Service Fee - Applies to all Sigfox devices in your account.
- Application Fee - Applies to each Sigfox device in your account for Beam, Funnel, Funk, and Harvest fees that exceed a monthly $0.10 or ¥10 quota.
|Registration||Contact us||¥1440/device *1|
|Service Fee||¥1440/device/year *1|
|Application Fee||Refer to Beam, Funnel, Funk, and Harvest fees. Applies when total monthly usage per device exceeds $0.10 or ¥10 quota.|
*1 - Registration Fee and first Service Fee waived for devices purchased from Soracom.
Soracom Air for LoRaWAN
Air for LoRaWAN fees apply as follows:
- Gateways - Applies to all LoRa gateways in your account. Each gateway includes an application fee quota for Beam, Funnel, Funk, and Harvest, when used with LoRa devices in the same Soracom account, up to the value of the monthly gateway fee. Once the quota is exceeded, Beam, Funnel, Funk, and Harvest fees apply as normal.
- Devices - Applies to all LoRa devices in your account. Application fees for devices used with a LoRa gateway in your account count towards the gateway's monthly application fee quota. Standard Beam, Funnel, Funk, and Harvest fees apply for application fees that exceed the gateway quota, as well as application fees for devices used with gateways that are not in your account.
|Gateways||Dedicated||¥39,800/mo (1 gateway)
¥29,800/mo (2+ gateways)
|Devices||Gateway in account||Application fees count towards gateway application fee quota. Application fees exceeding this quota follow standard Beam, Funnel, Funk, and Harvest fees.|
|Gateway not in account||Standard Beam, Funnel, Funk, and Harvest fees.|
Beam fees apply to all devices within a group where Beam is enabled. Usage is calculated based on the number of requests made. Each of the following requests are counted separately:
TCP/TCPS and HTTP/HTTPS endpoints
- A device sending data to Beam
- Beam sending the data to a destination endpoint
- A destination endpoint returning a response to Beam
- Beam returning the response to the device
- A client sending a
UNSUBSCRIBEcommand to Beam
- Beam sending the
UNSUBSCRIBEcommand to a destination MQTT broker
- A destination broker sending a message to Beam as a result of a
- Beam sending the message to the client
- A client sending a
Free Tier The first 100,000 Beam requests are free each month. Unused requests are not carried over into subsequent months.
Beam fees do not apply for Air for Cellular devices when the corresponding group is attached to a customer VPG.
|Air for Cellular Devices||$0.09/10,000 requests||¥9/10,000 requests|
|Air for Sigfox Devices||$0.18/10,000 requests||¥18/10,000 requests|
|Air for LoRaWAN Devices|
Funnel fees apply to all devices within a group where Funnel is enabled. Usage is calculated based on the number of requests made. A complete device-to-Funnel, Funnel-to-cloud-service, and result-to-device transfer is counted as 1 request.
Free Tier The first 50,000 Funnel requests are free each month. Unused requests are not carried over into subsequent months.
Funnel fees do not apply for Air for Cellular devices when the corresponding group is attached to a customer VPG.
|Air for Cellular Devices||$0.18/10,000 requests||¥18/10,000 requests|
|Air for Sigfox Devices|
|Air for LoRaWAN Devices|
Funk fees apply to all devices within a group where Funk is enabled. Usage is calculated based on the number of requests made. A complete device-to-Funk, Funk-to-cloud-function, and result-to-device transfer is counted as 1 request.
Free Tier The first 50,000 Funk requests are free each month. Unused requests are not carried over into subsequent months.
Funk fees do not apply for Air for Cellular devices when the corresponding group is attached to a customer VPG.
|Air for Cellular Devices||$0.18/10,000 requests||¥18/10,000 requests|
|Air for Sigfox Devices|
|Air for LoRaWAN Devices|
Soracom Harvest Data
Harvest Data fees apply to all devices within a group where Harvest is enabled. Usage is calculated based on:
- Service Fee - The number of days for each device where the Harvest Data option is enabled.
- Data Fees - The number of submit requests made, as well as the total amount of data exported per month.
- Extended Retention Option - Whether the option is enabled within a given month.
The following Harvest Data usage is counted towards the data export amount:
- Viewing Harvest Data from the User Console
- Downloading Harvest Data from the User Console, Soracom API, or Soracom CLI
- Accessing Harvest Data from a Lagoon Dashboard
Free Tier The first 31 device-days (Service Fee below) are free each month. This can be used to test Harvest Data with 1 device for a full month, 2 devices for 15 days each, and so on, at no cost. In addition, the first 2,000 Harvest Data requests (Data Fees: Submit below) are free for each device each day. Additional requests will be billed at the data fee rate even if the device-days service fee is within the free tier.
Up to 3GB of data can be exported each month (Data Fees: Export below) per account at no additional cost.
Unused device-days, requests, or data export amounts are not carried over into subsequent months.
Harvest Data free tier does not include the Extended Retention option.
Harvest Data service fees do not apply for Air for Cellular devices when the corresponding group is attached to a customer VPG, however fees for Export and Extended Retention options still apply.
|Service Fee||Air for Cellular Devices||$0.05/device/day||¥5/device/day|
|Air for Sigfox Devices|
|Air for LoRaWAN Devices|
|Data Fees||Submit||$0.04/1,000 requests||¥4/1,000 requests|
|Extended Retention Option *1||$9.80/mo||¥980/mo|
*1 - The Extended Data Retention option fee applies to the Soracom account, regardless of the number of devices using Harvest.
Soracom Harvest Files
Harvest Files fees apply to the total uploaded or downloaded data amount within one month for a group where Harvest Files is enabled.
|Data Fees||Upload *1||$2.00/GB||¥200/GB|
*1 - Uploaded data is retained for 2 years (731 days) and is available for download within that period. After the retention period, files are automatically deleted.
Orbit fees apply to all SIMs within a group where Orbit is enabled. Usage is calculated based on:
- Service Fee - The number of SIMs that use Orbit one or more times in a given month.
- Usage Fee - The total number of Orbit requests made by all devices in your Soracom account.
downlink()function call is counted as an individual request.
Free Tier Orbit can be used with one SIM for free each month. In addition, the first 10,000 Orbit requests are free each month.
Unused requests are not carried over into subsequent months.
|Usage Fee||$0.40/10,000 requests||¥40/10,000 requests|
Lagoon fees apply to an individual Soracom account. Usage is calculated based on the subscribed plan and any additional license packs.
When changing Lagoon plans during a given month, the following conditions apply:
- If upgrading to a higher plan, the fee for the higher plan will apply for that month.
- If downgrading to a lower plan or unsubscribing from the Lagoon service, the fee for the higher plan will apply for that month, and the fee for the lower plan will apply for the following month.
Free Tier Lagoon can be used for free each month by subscribing to the Free plan. Refer to the Lagoon documentation for more information on limits.
In addition, when subscribing or upgrading to the Lagoon Maker or Pro plan for the first time, the first two months (the month the subscription was added and the following month) are free.
|Additional License Packs||User Pack *1||$19.80/mo||¥1980/mo|
|Dashboard Pack *1||$9.80/mo||¥980/mo|
*1 - User and Dashboard license packs are only available for the Pro Plan.
Endorse fees apply to all SIMs within a group where Endorse is enabled. Usage is calculated based on the number of days for each SIM where Endorse is enabled.
Free Tier The first 31 SIM-days are free each month. This can be used to test Endorse with 1 SIM for a full month, 2 SIMs for 15 days each, and so on, at no cost. Unused SIM-days are not carried over into subsequent months.
Krypton fees apply to all SIMs that perform provisioning one or more times per month. Usage is calculated based on the following usage:
- For SIMs that perform provisioning for the first time, the First Month fee applies regardless of the number of provisioning requests in that month.
- For SIMs that perform provisioning in subsequent months, the Additioinal Months fee applies regardless of the number of provisioning requests in that month.
- For SIMs that do not perform provisioning in a given month, no fee is applied for that month.
|Additional Months *1||$0.40/SIM/mo||¥40/SIM/mo|
*1 - Fees only apply to SIMs that perform provisioning one or more times within a month.
Inventory fees apply as follows:
- Registration - Applies when a device is registered to Inventory.
- Management Service - Applies to all devices with one or more management events per month. This fee includes a quota of 100,000 events per device per month.
- Additional Events - Applies to all devices that exceed the included 100,000 events quota within a month.
The following Inventory actions are counted as individual events:
- Registering a device.
- Connecting to the Inventory Device Management Server.
Free Tier Up to $1.50 (Global coverage) or ¥150 (Japan coverage) of Inventory Registration and Management Service fees are free each month. This can be used to register and test Inventory for 1 device at no cost, or to cover the Management Service fees for 3 devices, within in a given month.
In addition, the first 100,000 events for each device are free each month.
Unused free tier amounts or events are not carried over into subsequent months.
|Management Service||1-999 devices||$0.50/device/mo||¥50/device/mo|
|10,000+ devices||Contact us|
|Additional Events *1||$0.50/100,000 events||¥50/100,000 events|
*1 - Fees only apply to devices that exceed the included 10,000 events quota within a month, and is incurred in 10,000 event increments.
Virtual Private Gateway
Type-C and Type-D VPGs have been deprecated in favor of Type-E and Type-F VPGs. If you require additional information for Type-C or Type-D VPGs, please contact us.
Virtual Private Gateway fees apply as follows:
- Setup Fee - Applies when creating a VPG, regardless of VPG type or size.
- Active Fee - Applies to each VPG that is running, regardless of actual usage.
- Options - Applies to each VPG where the option is enabled.
|Options||Fixed Global IP Address||$0.15/hour||¥15/hour|
VPG Types and Service Compatibility
|VPG Type-C||VPG Type-E||VPG Type-F|
|VPG Options||Internet Gateway *1|
|Fixed Global IP|
|Soracom Applications *2|
|Soracom Canal||AWS VPC Peering|
|AWS Transit Gateway|
|Soracom Direct||Virtual Interface|
|Soracom Door||VPN Connection|
|Soracom Gate||Device to Device Access|
|Remote Device Access|
*1 - When creating a Type-C or Type-F VPG, the Internet Gateway can be disabled.
*2 - Soracom platform services, such as Beam, Funnel, Funk, and Harvest. Application usage is limited by the VPG size, described below.
|Subscriber Capacity||Application Capacity|
|Small||Up to 1,000||Up to 30 requests/sec|
|Medium||Up to 3,000||Up to 90 requests/sec|
|Large||Up to 10,000||Up to 300 requests/sec|
Canal fees apply to each AWS Peering Connection added to a VPG. The first peering connection is included in the corresponding VPG's active fee.
Direct fees apply to each virtual direct connect interface added to a VPG. The first virtual interface is included in the corresponding VPG's active fee.
Door fees apply to each VPN connection added to a VPG. The first VPN connection is included in the corresponding VPG's active fee.
Gate does not incur any fees, however Gate functionality requires creating a VPG. Refer to Virtual Private Gateway fees.
The Public Gate option can be used instead of creating a VPG, however the Soracom Air for Cellular VPG Option fee will apply when attaching Air for Cellular devices to the Public Gate. Please note that Public Gate is a shared gateway and proper measures should be taken to secure your devices. For additional information, refer to the Public Gate documentation.
Junction fees apply to each VPG where the Junction service is enabled. Usage is calculated based on the following:
- Junction Service - Applies to each VPG where Junction (Mirroring, Redirection, or Inspection) is enabled.
- Inspection Option - Applies to each VPG where Junction Inspection is enabled. This fee is incurred in addition to the Junction Service fee.
Napter fees apply to each SIM where one or more on-demand remote access connection is enabled per month.
Free Tier Napter can be used with one SIM for free each month. Napter free tier does not include Audit Log or Audit Log Export options.
While Napter service is provided as a flat fee, there are per-SIM limitations to the number of ports and active connections allowed. Please refer to the Napter documentation for more information.
|Options||Audit Log *1||$9.80/month||¥980/month|
|Audit Log Export*2||$5.00/GB||¥500/GB|
*1 - The Audit Log option fee applies once per month to the Soracom account, regardless of the number of devices using Napter. Logs are retained for 1 year (366 days).
*2 - Up to 3GB of Audit Log data may be exported per month at no additional charge when the Audit Log option is enabled. Additional exported data is charged at the Audit Log Export fee.
Peek fees apply as follows:
- Service Fee - Applies to each VPG where a packet capture session is initiated, on a daily basis. Once you start a packet capture session, you can create additional packet capture sessions within the same VPG at no additional charge for the remainder of the day. *1
- Data Capture Fee - Applies to each VPG where the total size of packets captured across all packet capture sessions exceeds 5GB, on a daily basis. *1
- Data Export Fee - Applies when the total size of packet capture files exported exceeds 5GB, on a monthly basis.
|Data Fees||Capture *2||$1.00/GB||¥100/GB|
*1 - Each day begins and ends at 00:00 UTC.
*2 - Up to 5GB of packets can be captured per VPG, per day, at no additional charge.
*3 - Up to 5GB of packet capture files can be exported per month, at no additional charge.