Soracom Direct provides connectivity to customer systems outside of Amazon Web Services environments using a physical dedicated line.
- For connectivity to private networking services provided by AWS VPC Peering Connections or AWS Transit Gateway, please use Soracom Canal instead.
- For connectivity to private networking services using a virtual private network, please use Soracom Door instead.
Direct provides connectivity from the Soracom platform to private networks using AWS Direct Connect dedicated private line service, which is available to customers capable of establishing connections in Tokyo and Osaka.
With Soracom Direct, you can connect your Soracom Virtual Private Gateway to your on-premise or cloud networks using a dedicated private connection, and enable your Soracom Air SIM devices to access private network resources within a closed environment.
To apply for access to Soracom Direct, please contact us with the following information:
- Company or organization name and address.
- Soracom account Operator ID and email address.
- Description of your use case for Soracom Direct.
- Expected timeline for implementation.
- Whether or not you require line redundancy.
- Whether or not you will use a private BGP ASN.
Please note: Applications are approved on a conditional basis. In some cases, we may not be able to approve access to Soracom Direct due to technical limitations or unsuitable use cases.
Once approved, Soracom will provide the following information to use in establishing the AWS Direct Connect connection:
- Connection endpoint AWS account ID.
- Connection endpoint VPC ID.
- The VLAN ID used for the connection.
- The IP address range used between connection endpoints (such as
- The BGP ASN (if requested).
Then, to establish the connection, please perform the following steps:
- Access the Direct Connect service from your AWS account and create a new Connection.
- Create a new VIF (Virtual Interface) for the Direct Connect Connection.
- Submit an application for AWS Direct Connect. During this step, you will be asked to provide the connection endpoint information. Please use the Soracom Direct connection information above.
- Create a Virtual Connection. For connections less than 1Gbps, this step will typically be completed by an AWS partner on your behalf, using your AWS Direct Connect application information.
- Accept the Virtual Connection. This step will be completed by Soracom in order to establish the connection endpoint with your account on the Soracom platform.
- Create a new VIF (Virtual Interface). For connections less than 1Gbps, this step will be completed by Soracom in order to create the corresponding connection interface within the Soracom environment. During this stage, you may be contacted by Soracom to provide the following connection information:
- Your router interface address.
- Your router BGP ASN.
- Your router BGP passphrase.
- Soracom will then create a Type-F Virtual Private Gateway in your account with the Direct Connect connection configuration, or add the configuration to an existing Type-F VPG in your account. You will receive details of the VPG ID from Soracom.
You can then assign your Soracom Air SIM devices to a group , and configure the group to attach to the VPG.