Soracom Harvest is a data collection and visualization service for Soracom Air and Soracom Inventory devices. Harvest provides data storage for your devices, and generates charts from numerical data that can be accessed directly from the User Console.
Soracom Harvest now also supports file upload and storage! Refer to the File Entry Points section below, as well as the Configuration and File Operations sections.
Data Entry Points
To send data to Harvest, simply configure your device to send data to one of the following entry points:
Air for Cellular
Air for Sigfox and Air for LoRaWAN
Data is captured automatically from the device. Configuring the device to send data to a specific entry point is not required.
File Entry Points
This service was recently released. We'd love to hear if you have any feedback!
To upload files to Harvest, simply configure your device to send file data to the following entry point:
Air for Cellular
Uploading files using other protocols, or using Air for Sigfox, Air for LoRaWAN, or Soracom Inventory devices, is not supported.
Harvest automatically generates line, bar, and stacked bar charts for numerical data, as well as map charts for geographical location data.
When sending numerical data to Harvest using JSON format, Harvest will automatically plot each key in the JSON object as a separate series, using the time that each data point was received as the X-axis value, and the numerical value as the Y-axis value.
To generate map charts, your JSON data should include
lat latitude and
lng longitude keys.
Harvest does not provide any encryption for received data or files. If you require encryption, please ensure that your data is encrypted before sending it to Harvest. Note that when data is encrypted, charts will not be generated.
By default, Harvest will provide data storage for up to 40 days. An extended data retention option of 2 years(731 days) is available.
When uploading files to Harvest, each file will be stored for 731 days and automatically deleted after. Harvest does not provide additional storage terms for files.
When sending data to Harvest, the following limitations apply:
- Each Harvest request is limited to a maximum data size of 1 KB (1,024 Bytes).
- Data will be stored for 40 days by default. For additional data retention, please use the Harvest Extended Data Retention option.
- Sending data to Harvest using SMS or USSD is only supported by plan01s and plan01s - LDV.
- When sending data to Harvest using SMS, ensure that your device's SMS header option is disabled. If a header is included, the SMS User Data field will be processed as-is and will result in unwanted or malformed text content.
When uploading files to Harvest, the following limitations apply:
- Each file is limited to a maximum size of 5 GB (5,120 MB).
- Each file path (including filename) is limited to 1,024 Bytes in length.
- Each file path is also limited to a maximum of 16 directory levels.
- If a file already exists at the specified file path, the existing file will be overwritten.
- Uploading files using TCP or UDP is not supported.